TRGroup Inc is seeking a seasoned Network Administrator for our rapidly growing Systems Engineering firm. The team works in locations all over Maryland, DC, and Virginia. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving successful projects, profitability, capabilities, and customer satisfaction. Applicants must have experience in working with voice and data networks of all sizes, be highly motivated, and willing to travel and work in a demanding and constantly evolving environment.
- Assist in implementing advanced network solutions including LAN, WAN, and WLAN
- Assists in the development of technical standards
- Collaborate with technical, professional, and executive team members for project implementations
- Preparing progress and status reports for management
- Assist with procurement of network-related hardware, software, and services.
- Schedules and coordinates installation and maintenance of standard software/hardware on the network and ensures compatibility of all communications hardware/software.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems
- Ensure client receives prompt, accurate and courteous service
- Create documentation to support process standardization for organizational use.
- Demonstrated experience designing, developing, and implementing enterprise networks
- Knowledge of various network technologies – router, switches, LAN, WAN, wireless, QOS
- Administration of Windows and Linux servers, workstation, and LOB applications
- Familiarity with virtualized environment (VMware, VSphere, etc.)
- Some experience with dynamic routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP).
- Experience with a range of networking hardware ( Cisco , Sonicwall, Juniper, etc)
- Experience with HP/ Brocade fiber switches and zoning
- Experience with network management and troubleshooting tools ( Solarwinds , Wireshark, NMAP, etc.)
- Experience with Disaster Recovery planning and implementation.
- Knowledge and adherence to Configuration and Change Management processes.
- Strong customer service skills; interfaces well with customers, end users, and peers.